Middlesex Hospital is proud of its 20 year tradition of excellence in Osteopathic education. We maintain a compliment of six to eight D.O. residents supported by two D.O. faculty members. Highlights of our Osteopathic Curriculum include:
- Power OMT tables in all 3 offices, with additional portable tables available
- Two resident-run Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) clinics per week providing services to patients from all three of our offices
- One attending-run high volume OMT clinic per week that also includes integrative medicine, nutrition and medical acupuncture services. Residents are always welcome to participate
- Osteopathic residents participate in a regularly scheduled Osteopath Study Group which includes didactics, osteopathic practice management and table time
- Osteopathic residents have the opportunity to participate in a yearly OMT conference to enhance their manual medicine skill set
- Osteopathic Residents can choose a Personalized Track of Excellence which includes advanced study in OMT and integrative medicine
The residency program strategic plan includes achievement of Osteopathic Recognition from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) within the next three years.