A major portion of Family Medicine is office-based patient care. Our three Family Medicine sites—with 35,000 patient visits a year—prepare our residents for the day-to-day realities of office practice in a NCQA recognized level 3 patient-centered medical home.
Assigned to a single site for a full four years, each resident works closely with our experienced faculty in a patient-focused environment that emphasizes family medicine and procedural skills. Residents assume primary care responsibility for their patient panel, and their patients can expect continuity of care from their primary care physician. Each resident, regardless of which office site they are based at, cares for a similar number and spectrum of patients and range of clinical problems.
Our offices are run like private practices. We emphasize a collaborative, team-based approach to patient care. Residents care for a diverse patient population that reflects the wider community and makes for a broad practice experience.
Each office integrates Middlesex Health's Epic electronic health records system and other IT resources.
- Located on the main hospital campus in a medical office building
- Office provides a 12 resident, 7 faculty clinical practice
- Diverse patient population with many underserved patients
- Middletown has a population of over 45,000
- Busy practice providing 16,000 visits annually
- Specialty services in OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Osteopathy, Sports and Lifestyle Medicine
- Four quick miles from Middlesex Hospital
- Office provides an 8 resident, 4 faculty clinical practice
- New purpose-built office opened September 2014
- Busy small town practice providing 10,000 visits annually
- Town of Portland is a small New England community with a population of 9,000
- Specialty services in Integrative Medicine, Osteopathy, and Pediatrics
East Hampton Office
- A 25 minute drive from Middlesex Hospital
- Office provides an 8 resident, 3 faculty clinical practice
- Semi-rural practice with many underserved patients providing 9,000 visits annually
- Town of East Hampton has a population of 13,000
- Specialty services in Pediatrics