We welcome applications from U.S. and international students and graduates. All applications must be received through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline for applications via ERAS is December 31.
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be reviewed and receive consideration for an interview. Applicants may be placed on a wait list if the number of qualified applicants exceeds our interview capacity:
- Commitment to complete a 4 year residency in Family Medicine at Middlesex Hospital
- Current medical school good standing or graduation within 2 years of application unless in U.S. military service.
- Passage of USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 prior to ranking with no more than 1 Step 1 failure and no Step 2 CK or CS failures.
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status, or current employment authorization valid for a minimum of 4 years after entry into residency. We do not sponsor visas of any type.
- No history of felony criminal convictions and no misdemeanor convictions that could potentially interfere with state medical licensure or certification by the American Board of Family Medicine.
- No prior medical licensure restrictions.
Applicants from international medical schools not accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) must meet the following additional requirements:
- Attendance at a medical school recognized by the Medical Board of California.
- ECFMG Certification unless in the final year of medical school.
- Significant U.S. clinical experience of at least 3 months duration providing direct, hands-on clinical care.
Prior to enrollment in the residency program, successfully matched applicants will be required to provide evidence of the following:
- Graduation from medical school
- ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- Employment authorization
- Negative urine screen for drugs of abuse
- Negative criminal background check
- Compliance with Middlesex Hospital health requirements